Friday, August 24, 2001

I feel so lazy, even though I could blame my lack of blog updates on so many circumstances. Our friends Peter and Lynda have asked us to house-sit their place in Lighthouse Park. You really could not find better waterfront property in Vancouver. However they have no internet access there, and I have been so busy at work, or I have been preparing to be busy, or lookiny like I am busy, but really I am busy.

I also have not been able to use the internet at home, as Telus is living up to its promise in Article 57 of my contract " we cannot guarantee we will provide service". I love that. I would love being able to make promises that I am the best, the swiftest, smartest, whatever superlative promise you can imagine, and then be able to say, well, I cannot guarantee that I will actually do all those things. Whatever happened to either keeping your word or admitting that you screwed up when you don't keep your word?

I am off again to Montreal, for my friend John's wedding. In 1997, John let me use his computer occasionally so that I could learn how to use a computer. I remember when we stole my ex-girlfriend's Window's CDs so that he could upgrade from Windows 3.1. Anyway, in 1997 he was tasked with building a web page for the library. I helped in the capacity of "design consultant". The results were quite ghastly, but remember, this was 1997.

I am so happy he is getting married.

No comments: