Friday, August 03, 2001

So much for teutonic efficiency. Last night I watched One Day in September, a documentary about the terrorist attack on Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics. It seems that Germany was so careful in erasing their Nazi past that they forgot why it is sometimes important to have armed police officers around at large international events.

I don't get cable TV, so I am out of touch with television. However, I do have a sitcom broadcast from the desk behind me. It is B-Mac Daddy, broadcasting tales of woe, misery and hangovers. I am glad he has been convinced to spread the word to more than just his immediate coworkers.

We fired some more people recently. After the latest victim was removed from the office, his desk was emptied, and lo and behold there was a Penthouse magazine in one of the drawers. Now everyone knows why his door was always closed.....

No comments: