Wednesday, August 01, 2001

Whenever I tell people that I live in Vancouver their initial reaction is "Oh you're so lucky, it so beatiful there!" I had a girlfiend for several years who was what most people would describe as beautiful. When she walked into a room, every head turned to her. She was also vindictive, manipulative, unfaithful and quite dense. Was I lucky? No; I was miserable.

Vancouver is like my ex-girlfriend. It is beautiful, but there is no substance beneath the beauty. We did not create the beauty here; it was formed from glaciers millions of years ago. We have done little besides defile its beauty with strip malls, stucco condos and cheesy tourist sites left over from what must have been a cocaine induced building spree for Expo 86.

So I have had it. I want out.

No comments: