Sunday, October 23, 2005

43 Things to Do Before Leaving Vancouver

Yes, it is true. In January, Anya and I will be moving to Ireland. As my days here are now numbered, I am feeling the pressure to do all of the things that I wanted to do but never did. Why rush if I have my whole life?

Well now I have only until January 6th, and I'll be away for at least 2 weeks during this countdown. This has led me to write my list of things to do, so I can actually get them done.

In no particular order, here are my last wishes:

  1. Eat at Bishop's
  2. Run along the seawall
  3. Eat a slice of Nat's chorizo & mushroom pizza
  4. Eat gelato from Mondo Gelato immediately following pizza
  5. Stay at the Wall Centre Hotel with Anya
  6. Run up the Grouse Grind for the first time
  7. Eat brunch at Bacchus
  8. Run through Pacific Spirit Park
  9. Walk along Spanish Banks at Sunset
  10. Walk along English Bay at Sunset
  11. Watch the Christmas boats float by
  12. Take the water taxi from Yaletown to Granville Island
  13. Kayak in Indian Arm
  14. See a Canucks game
  15. Go to a sports bar and cheer for the Canadiens
  16. Have a drink at the Cambie
  17. Eat at Subeez and have them get my order right, bring my food at the same time as my companions and do it under 1 hour
  18. Eat a Triple-O Carhop Classic
  19. Drive through Whalley
  20. Walk along the beach in White Rock
  21. Sit in Duthie's Books and read for 2 hours
  22. Have a 3 hour lunch and never come back to the office
  23. Visit Westwood Plateau to see how they live
  24. Visit Maple Ridge
  25. Say goodbye in person to all the people who became my friends here
  26. Relive my Friday after-work ritual under the Cambie St bridge
  27. Drop by and say Hi at Maximizer
  28. Sit at my old desk at 840 Cambie and watch the hairdressers across the alley
  29. Eat a roast beef and stilton sandwich at Moonpennies
  30. Lounge on the furniture at Inform
  31. Stay up all night and walk home in the rain
  32. Have lunch special and Vitamin Os at the Trap and Gill
  33. Eat at Simply Thai
  34. Run at Burnaby Lake
  35. Host my own farewell party
  36. Wear my Grateful Dead shirt out of the house
  37. Rent a karaoke booth with my sales team
  38. Eat a Yaletown roll at Honjin
  39. Sit in the garden at Queen Elizabeth Park
  40. Spend hours walking around downtown with nothing but caffeine and euros, knowing that I might only be back for vacations
  41. Walk across the Lion's Gate Bridge
  42. Rent a cruiser bike and cycle along the seawall
  43. Cruise Robson St on a Saturday night playing Rush at top volume

No comments: