Tuesday, May 31, 2005

One more post for the month of May, which, IMHO, is the best time of the year. The days are along and still getting longer, my birthday is on the 26th of the month, and there is a notable absence of anniversaries of disasters or unhappy events.

I have been busy reading The Power of Full Engagement, which is probably the best book I have ever read on personal performance or development. That is quite a statement for me, someone who has been described as "addicted to self-help books". The main theme of the book is that managing energy, not time, is the key to performance.

When reading over many of my old posts, I noticed an appalling number of grammatical and spelling errors. I had written much lucid and sparkling prose, but it was pock-marked with errors.

I had written almost all of the posts late at night, right before I went to bed. Energy was at the lowest point during the day, yet there I was trying to write my blog and notice the mistakes.

In Full Engagement, I learned that almost all of the industrial accidents of the twentieth century, (Three Mile Island, Bhopal, Chernobyl, Exxon Valdez) occurred on the night shift and were a direct result of workers on the night shift being over tired. I was too tired to blog, yet didn't know it, and was steering my blog into a reef.

Who know who could have read it and dismissed me as a ponce for all my spelling mistakes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[smile]
Hi,

It appears that blogging in the morning may be a challenge too:

"Who know who..."

do you mean "Who knows who..."

Nice writing. You didn't blog about your Master Cleanser progress. That would have been interesting.

Salut!
[/smile]